Get a top-10 list of the best publishers to pitch your game to.
Think ‘sniper’, not ‘shotgun’.
You’ve heard the advice ‘pitch well’ or ‘pitch right’. You know not to pitch a 20 minute party game to a publisher that only makes three-hour wargames. You know there’s a ton of publishers out there, and one (or more!) of them may be a perfect fit for your game… but where are they? How do I find them?
Hi, I’m Chris Backe (rhymes with ‘hockey’). I make games over at entrogames.com. As part of my own efforts to find the best publisher for my own games, I have spent literally hundreds of hours creating a huge database of tabletop publishers and learning everything I can about what publishers are looking for. The result is this website, and it’s an offering I’m really proud of. Learn more about the Dossier.
This ‘research-for-you’ service is your chance to learn about at least 10 publishers that are worth pitching your game to. This helps narrow the field a bit from hundreds of publishers to the few that are most worth pitching.
How it works
- Step 1: pay via Paypal at the bottom of the form ($49.99 USD).
- Step 2: you’ll receive a link to a form to tell me about your game. The more details, the better!
- Step 3: I carefully research publishers, looking for great fits based on public information, their previous games, social media channels, and so on.
- Step 4: In about a week, you get a report in your e-mail with hand-selected publishers that look to be a great fit for your game.
What does a report contain?
- At least 10 publishers or more that look like a fit
- Their website and preferred method of contact
- A little bit about the games they have most recently published
- Any public information I can find on what they’re working on, looking for, etc.
- Any personal notes I can share
Details, disclaimers, fine print, etc.
- Reports are individually created and researched on a ‘best effort’ basis, as if your game were one of my own.
- You will receive a PDF report via e-mail about a week after your order.
- Once the report has been delivered, no refunds can be offered. (The one exception: If I can’t find 10 publishers to recommend for your game, I’ll send on a pro-rated refund automatically. If I could only find 7 great fits, for example, you’d get a 30% refund. I don’t expect this to be needed, but like a good game designer, it’s a contingency I’ve thought of.)
- Once you receive the report, it’s on you to make something happen with it. Do some deeper research, connect with people on social media, put together a solid pitch, etc.